Andrew Mason is a tool builder who is passionate about developer communities and mentoring. Though still early in his career, he’s had a lot of experience on all levels of the stack, as well as dev advocacy and community management. In mid-2019, he met Nate Hopkins through The Ruby Rogues podcast, which led to his early involvement in StimulusReflex. He would later join Nate Hopkins at CodeFund, where he rose to become the primary developer until the platform was forced to shutdown. It was at CodeFund with Nate, Eric Berry, and Justin Dorfman where he discovered his passion for open source software and working in public.
He is a core member of StimulusReflex, founding member of BridgetownRB, and even fixed a typo in Ruby. In his free time, Andrew enjoys making digital art, collecting tools, pairing with juniors, and surfing.
What I'm Doing Now Learn More
What I'm Using Learn More
View my /uses page!
- Jan 2018
- Began learning Ruby on Rails as an intern at N2 Publishing, where I was previously a graphic design intern.
- April 2018
- Attended first Railsconf
- May 2018
- Graduated college with B.S. in Computer Science from the University of North Carolina: Wilmington
- Joined N2 Publishing as a full time Ruby on Rails developer
- Oct 2018
- First time being on a podcast. Episode 15 of the now inactive Ruby Testing podcast hosted by Jason Swett.
- Dec 2018
- Joined the Ruby Rogues as a panelist
- August 2019
- Began pairing with Nate Hopkins on StimulusReflex
- September 2019
- October 2019
- Joined CodeFund
- November 2019
- Attended first Ruby conf
- Stepped down from Ruby Rogues panel
- December 2019
- June 2020
- Layed off from CodeFund, which shut down shortly after
- July 2020
- Joined Realvolve, Inc.
- November 2020